Fall Kick-Off: Flash Scholarship Showcase
September 9, 1pm (cst)
School is back in session and so is Climate Lit! Join us for a welcome back kick-off party featuring educators and scholars from across the globe. Our presenters will share practical tid-bits about making climate literacy work in the classroom.
Attendees will have the opportunity to pose questions and discuss with the panelists. The event will also be recorded and available for future streaming.
Please direct any questions to Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees must register in advance.
Presenters will include:
- Marek Oziewicz – Director of the Center for Climate Literacy at the University of Minnesota and co-editor of Fantasy and Myth in the Anthropocene
- Alex Panos – Assistant Professor in Literacy Studies at the College of Education, University of South Florida and Program Co-Chair of the Qualitative Research Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association
- Allen Webb – Professor of English at Western Michigan University and co-author of Teaching Climate Change to Adolescents: Reading, Writing, and Making a Difference
- Anja Höing – Faculty in the Institute for English and American Studies at the University of Osnabrück and co-editor of Humans and Animals: Intersecting Lives and Worlds
- Antonio Lopez – Professor of Communications and Media Studies at John Cabot University in Rome and author of Ecomedia Literacy: Integrating Ecology into Media Education
- Tanja Nathanael – Lecturer in the Department of English and Comparative Literature at San José State University and co-editor of Global Children’s Literature in the College Classroom
- Ying Yu Chen – Scholar and Educator passionate about climate literacy and STEAM education.